I have loved this week of focusing on my husband. I feel a lightness, a fondness and an energy that is stronger than before.
Do you feel it too?
And, oh man, it was not an easy week for us. My husband and I were down with strep throat the entire week. He missed four days of work and I was a zombie walking. It wasn’t pretty.
But I did it. Somehow I completed all the projects. I had to reel them in a bit, though. It was not nearly as exciting as I wanted it to be. We didn’t make it bowling, but we planned some camping trips and dreamed. I didn’t get new sheets, but I did miraculously wash the ones we have. Small successes.
And praise heaven for antibiotics.
So this week, I’m going to make it a bit more fun. (Imagine I said this happy and light instead of teeth gritted, slightly desperate. Stupid strep throat.) 🙂
Here are your assignments. Read them through, look at your calendar and switch up the days as necessary. (Thanks again Kathi for your ideas!)
- Monday: Get him a treat (something yummy) and serve it in a fun location. Hot chocolate in bed. S’mores in the backyard. Picnic at the park. Cold soda waiting in the garage as he pulls in. Bring the kids along if you need to. Be creative.
- Tuesday: Set up reminders during your day to think and pray for your husband. Let him know sometime during the day that he has been on your mind.
- Wednesday: Wear something just for him, whether you buy something new or pick an item you already own. He might not notice, but you will. (That will change something inside you).
- Thursday: Remove one stressor from his life. Figure out what makes him feel a tiny sense of defeat each day and plan to remove it. (Can I just mention kid bath time? That’s what I’ll be eliminating. Well, for him, not the kids.)
- Friday: Tell your husband something about him that you think is simply great.
- Saturday: Help your husband get one of his regular duties off his list, or come alongside him and help in a project that he enjoys.
- Sunday: Make your husband something special in the kitchen.
- Bonus Project: As always, sometime this week, initiate intimacy. Maybe buy something special to wear. 🙂 (and it doesn’t have to cost a lot, even Walmart has fun items… just saying.)
And one more thing. This week as you do your projects, notice which things your husband responds to most. I am going to do a post at the end of this challenge about The Five Love Languages. I believe they are powerful and understanding them will increase the power in your relationship.
So notice which he responds to- gifts? Words of encouragement? Acts of service? Touch? Quality time? Be deliberate and pay attention. We’ll follow up on that in a couple weeks!
Good luck! Can’t wait to hear all about it!